Shihori Kanjiya (Actress)
Shihori Kanjiya is a Japanese television and film actress from Tokyo.
Kanjiya was discovered as a middle school student by talent scouts at Shinjuku Station in Tokyo and then attended Otsuka Women’s University before leaving early to pursue her acting career.
- Native name
- 貫地谷しほり (KANJIYA Shihori)
- Arakawa, Tokyo
- December 12, 1985 (age 28)
- 5' 1" (156 cm)
- Blood type
- Films, TV dramas
- ABP Inc.
- Kanjiya is an exceedingly rare family name. According to a Kyūshū Sports newspaper report, there were only 6 families using it as of February 2007. Out of those, the majority of those are her father's relatives in Hiroshima Prefecture.
- The name Shihori was chosen by her mother. She was a fan of the rock band Southern All Stars and their 13th single "Shiori no Tēma" (Shiori's Theme). However, a Seimei Handan reading of the written kanji for Shiori (栞) eventually led her to change it to Shihori (しほり). Seimei Handan a Japanese system used to tell someone's fortune based on the way their name is written.
Filmography as actor
- Vancouver no Asahi (2014)
- The Snow White Murder Case (2014)
- The Great Shu Ra Ra Bon (2014)
- Angel Home (2013)
- Paikaji Nankai Sakusen (2012)
- Train Brain Express (2011)
- Golden Slumber (2010)
- Our Wonderful Days (2009)
- Parade (2009)
- The Boat (2009)
- The Triumphant General Rouge (2009)
- The Code (2008)
- The Bandage Club (2007)
- Love Never To End (2007)
- Night Time Picnic (2006)
- The Last Love Song on This Little Planet (2005)
- Funky Forest: The First Contact (2005)
- Dead Waves (2005)
- Swing Girls (2004)
- Survive Style 5+ (2004)
Additional supporting cast members have been revealed for the upcoming live-action adaptation of Manabu Makime’s comic fantasy novel Idai naru, Shurarabon (The Great Shu Ra Ra Bon). The new...1 year ago
Eita (27) and Kenichi Matsuyama (25) will be co-starring as train otaku in a new movie by Yoshimitsu Morita (The Family Game, The Mamiya Brothers) called Bokutachi Kyūkō - A Ressha de Ikō (English...4 years ago
Based on an award-winning 2002 novel by Shuichi Yoshida, Isao Yukisada’s Parade offers a window into the lives of four roommates in a 2-bedroom Tokyo apartment. Although they’re all friends and...4 years ago
Here’s another one for the ever-growing “nobody cares but me” file. One of my favorite young actresses, Shihori Kanjiya (Survive Style 5+, Swing Girls), was recently a guest on the uber...6 years ago
Director Shinobu Yaguchi is not one to shy away from winning formulas. In the 90s he had a run of tough-luck films in which a chain of events ranging anywhere from unlikely to downright ridiculous...7 years ago